I never learned how to apply makeup – my favorite tool is my fingers. One of my secret fantasies is to get a makeover a la Kylie Jenner just to see what I would look like. Can you imagine?
Instead of indulging in foundation or eyeliner, I’ve really focused on my skin the past year. I landed on my new routine in December and have never been asked more often about what my routine is.
More so than anything else, these products are great and inexpensive for how effective they are. Remember that a little goes a long way.
Without further ado . . .
In order of application. Pro tip: Always apply serums and lotions with upward motions. Don’t help gravity by rubbing down. I also don’t wash my face in the mornings. I know this will be a hot topic but why put on all your serums at night just to wash them off a few hours later.
- Odiéle White Geranium Toner This was a gift and I love it. Toners are always something that I think of as “extra” but it’s been nice to add it to my routine. After a hot shower, it’s nice to spray this and get into my routine.
- The Ordinary Caffeine Solution Two dots under my eyes morning and night and I’m a new woman. I let this dry a little before going to next step.
- The Ordinary Buffet Serum Holy Cow. One week in and the compliments were rolling in.
- 2017ver. Biore Sarasara UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++ 50g Biore Aqua Rich UV Watery Essence SPF 50 This sunscreen will make you think differently about every sunscreen you’ve ever tried in your life. It actually makes me glow. It’s so fun to put on and smells great. So basically better than every sunscreen you’ve ever used.
- Hourglass Arch Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel I recently started using this but have really liked how natural the results are. The brush is worth the extra spend over my second love, Glossier’s Boy Brow. Always back comb first for best results.
- AmLactin Alpha-Hydroxy Therapy I have battled keratosis pilaris, aka chicken skin, my whole life. My current battle is primarily my upper arms. This product is cheaper and more effective than every prescription I have used over the years and there have been a few. I can tell a difference if I don’t use this product for even one day.
In order of application.
- Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser Recommended by my favorite dermatologist at Westlake Dermatology, bougie, but this rec panned out.
- The toner
- The caffeine serum
- Retinol I use a prescription but also this bottle when I’m staying at my boyfriend’s house. Mom ignore that sentence. Work your way up if you’re just starting out with retinol. Try 2 nights a week and work yourself up to every night so you don’t get too red. If you’re using retinol, you have to use sunscreen so see above for my favorite.
- Hyaluronic Acid Always use a great moisturizer with retinol. Always.
- Beautycounter Brightening Facial Oil If I’m feeling parched, I’ll layer this on right before I go to bed. Don’t let oil scare you. It doesn’t cause breakouts and it doesn’t stain your clothes or bed.
- More Amlactin.
- Excipial Urea 20% Intensive Healing Cream Dry heels, elbows, hands. Hide them no more. Put this on at night. It’s like a secret no one tells you about, but I’m telling you. PS. Don’t buy it from this link, that price is absurd. It works so well I might pay it but go to Amazon and find a cheaper bottle or pick it up at your local drug store.
Bonus item: Beautycounter’s Charcoal Cleansing Bar is my favorite way to cleanse when traveling. You don’t waste precious space for your favorite serums in your carry on.